Welcome to SDA Pillars
At a time when websites abound along with many winds of doctrine, why yet another? From the pen of inspiration, we have been given counsel to give voice to the men who went through the experience of 1844 (a few of the quotations are shared below).
These men, the pioneers of the Seventh Day Adventist faith have written many small pamphlets and booklets. We are working to reprint them, and make them available to you free - in PDF format.
Download these books, print, read and help to spread them as leaves in the wind!
Early Workers To Speak
God has given me light regarding our periodicals. What is it?-- He said that the dead are to speak. How?--Their works shall follow them. We are to repeat the words of the pioneers in our work, who knew what it cost to search for the truth as for hidden treasure, and who labored to lay the foundation of our work. They moved forward step by step under the influence of the Spirit of God. One by one these pioneers are passing away. The word given me is, Let that which these men have written in the past be reproduced. . . .
Let the truths that are the foundation of our faith be kept before the people. Some will depart from the faith, giving heed to seducing spirits and doctrines of devils. They talk science, and the enemy comes in and gives them an abundance of science; but it is not the science of salvation. It is not the science of humility, of consecration, or of the sanctification of the spirit. We are now to understand what the pillars of our faith are,-- the truths that have made us as a people what we are, leading us on step by step.-- Review and Herald, May 25, 1905
The message To Present
Our lesson for the present time is, How may we most clearly comprehend and present the gospel that Jesus came in person to present to John on the Isle of Patmos,-- the gospel that is termed "the revelation of Jesus Christ"? We are to present to our people a clear explanation of Revelation. We are to give them the word of God just as it is, with as few of our own explanations as possible. No one mind can do this work alone. Although we have in trust the grandest and most important truth ever presented to the world, we are only babes, as far as understanding truth in all its bearings is concerned. Christ is the great teacher, and that which He revealed to John, we are to tax our minds to understand and clearly to define. We are facing the most important issues that men have been called upon to meet.
The theme of greatest importance is the third angels message, embracing the message of the first and second angels. All should understand the truths contained in these messages- and demonstrate them in daily life, for this is essential to salvation. We shall have to study earnestly, and prayerfully, in order to understand these grand truths.--Letter 97, 1902
Let pioneers Identify truth
When the power of God testifies as to what is truth, that truth is to stand forever as truth. No after-suppositions, contrary to the light God has given are to be entertained. Men will arise with interpretations of Scripture which are to them truth, but which are not truth. The truth for this time, God has given us as a foundation for our faith. He Himself has taught us what is truth. One will arise, and still another with new light, which contradicts the light God has given under the demonstration of His Holy Spirit.
A few are still alive who passed through the experience gained in the establishment of this truth. God has graciously spared their lives to repeat and repeat till the close of their lives, the experience through which they passed even as did John the apostle till the close of his life. And the standard bearers who have fallen in death, are to speak through the reprinting of their writings. I am instructed that thus their voices are to be heard. They are to bear their testimony as to what constitutes the truth for this time.
We are not to receive the words of those who come with a message that contradicts the special points of our faith. They gather together a mass of Scripture, and pile it as proof around their asserted theories. This has been done over and over again during the past fifty years. And while the Scriptures are God's word, and are to be respected, the application of them, if such application moves one pillar from the foundation that God has sustained these last fifty years, is a great mistake. He who makes such an application knows not the wonderful demonstration of the Holy Spirit that gave power and force to the past messages that have come to the people of God.--- Preach the Word, p.5(1905)
Councils to Writers and Editors
Page 28-32 - The Foundations, Pillars & Landmarks
"I saw that the shepherds should consult those in whom they have reason to have confidence, those who have been in all the messages, and are firm in all the present truth, before they advocate new points of importance, which they may think the Bible sustains. Then the shepherds will be perfectly united and the union of the shepherds will be felt by the church. Such a course I saw would prevent unhappy divisions, and then there would be no danger of the precious flock being divided and the sheep scattered without a shepherd."
Page 61:3-62 - The Messengers
The Bible, ELLEN G WHITE and SDA Pioneers on:
- Do Protestants Do It All?
- Who Forms the Image?
- The Work of the Last Fifty Years.
- New Light.
- The Pioneers.
- Uriah Smith.
- *Ellen G White's Defence of Uriah Smith, and the Eastern Question.*
- The Message.
- Dual Application.
- Prophecy that Locates Three Angels Messages.
- What is the Bride.
- The Daily of Daniel 8, 11 12.
- *Is the daily of Daniel 8 Non-Salvational?*
- The True history of Islam.
- Is the 1st Trumpet the destruction of Jerusalem?
- 5th 6th and 7th Trumpets and the 3 Angels Messages.
- A Bible comparison, Are the 7 Trumpets warnings for the 7 Last Plagues?
- What is the Omega of Apostacy. See also Dual Application.
- Who are the Brethren of Experience.
- A Bible comparison on the 7 Seals and when is The Sealing Time.
- Part 1 on our Effort.
- Part 2 on our Effort.
- Error. Does it MATTER what we believe? Can we all believe something different?
- The formation of Character.
- Church members Bracing Themselves.
- What hasn't been proven on the King of the North.
- A Study on the king of the North.
- James White and the Modern view of a Papal King of the North.
- The Zero Year Theory.
- Standing Prayer.
- Why Paul went to Jerusalem. Was it to keep the FEAST DAY?
- Should we Keep the Feast Days?
- The Close of probation for Adventists?
- Being just like Jesus.
- The Wheat and Tares.
- The Godhead.
- Foot notes that contradict Ellen G White.
- Does Ellen G White say They weren't inspired?
- The Office of the Holy Spirit!
- What are the Two Laws?
- Is there any obligation in the Gospel?
- How does Grace work?
- Works, are they necessary?
- King Saul, The LORD'S Anointed as Church Authority?
- Olive Oil and Sugar.
- Unity of the Faith.
- Flesh Meats.
- The Four Winds.
- What are we Accountable for?
- Will there be any Adventist's lost, How many and Why?
- A side By side Comparison of Fundamental Beliefs, Then and Now!
- Hermeneutics and the Christian Church.
- Are Babies born sinners? See also Did Christ suffer the second Death.
- The Two Servants.
- Cofession of Sin.
- The Leonid Meteor Shower controversy explained!
- The Ascension Robe (Ascension Rock) Controversy.
- Does God intend another Union of Church and State in the Christian age?
- Mark and Seal, Are they really two opposing things?
- Did Christ suffer the Second Death, was He placed on Probation? Which of Adams natures does He posses and intercess for?
- Which Bible, is there a defference?
- The essential of understanding Prophecy.
- Just Believe?